Heartfelt Foundation Ltd (also known as Heartfelt Homes) and its associated entities is committed to protecting the privacy of the people whose personal information it collects. We are bound by and adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the SPAM Act 2003 (Cth) (SPAM Act).
By visiting our website, donating, fundraising or providing us with your personal information, either electronically, in writing, over the telephone or in person, you agree to the terms of this policy.
Heartfelt Homes may ask you for the following information:
- Contact information (name, address, email address)
- Personal details such as date of birth or gender
- Reasons for your interest in Heartfelt Homes
- Credit card numbers and/or bank account details
You are under no obligation to provide any or all of this information however if you fail to provide us with necessary details, we may not be able to provide you with the service that you require. All information is stored securely within encrypted systems and programs.
We will always identify ourselves as Heartfelt Homes when asking for your personal information, and we will tell you why we are collecting this information and how it will be used. If you decide to support Heartfelt Homes, we may ask you for further information that we can use to contact you in the future regarding the work of our organisation. You can ask us at any time not to contact you again.
We collect this information to:
- Process donations and provide tax-deductible receipts
- Maintain a database of our supporters’ history within Heartfelt Homes
- Keep our supporters up-to-date with our activities throughout Australia.
- Help us develop our marketing activities in line with fundraising and business development.
Unless you request otherwise, we may use your information to ask for your support and to keep you informed about the work that Heartfelt Homes is carrying out throughout Australia.
Heartfelt Homes will not sell, distribute, rent, licence, disclose or reveal, share or pass your information or personal details onto any third parties, other than in accordance with this Policy, and will keep your information or personal details confidential.
We will only share your personal details or information collected by us if:
- a) it is for the primary purpose in which it was collected;
- b) our related entities, suppliers, employees, consultants, contractors or agents require it for the primary purpose for which the personal information was collected;
- c) it is required to ensure the proper functioning of the website;
- d) your personal details are to be used by a participating third party contracted to us and the participating third party is bound by a confidentiality agreement with us;
- e) we are required or authorised by law or if it is reasonably necessary to enforce the law (whether in Australia or overseas);
- f) the information or personal details is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- h) you have given express (or implied) consent to us for a prescribed purpose; or
- i) occasionally we need to disclose personal information to third parties who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as social workers).
If you visit our website and download information from it, we will record your IP address, the pages you accessed and the time and date of your visit. This information provides us with statistical data which we can used to improve the website and enhance the user experience and will not refer to you personally.
Heartfelt Homes regards the security of your personal information as a priority and takes a number of precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Specific security precautions are in place for processing online payments which include the use of encrypted links, dedicated private connections and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
You have the right to request access to personal information which Heartfelt Homes collects and holds about you and to advise us of any inaccuracies that exist. A fee could be charged for providing access and we will advise you of any likely cost in advance. If there is a reason we are unable to provide you with information we hold on you, we will tell you verbally.
Heartfelt Homes can receive anonymous donations. You are not at liberty to provide Heartfelt Homes with your personal details when you make a donation however, we are unable to provide a tax-deductible receipt to an anonymous donor. If you provide us with your personal details, we can keep your donation anonymous from everyone but employees and associates of Heartfelt Homes and still issue a tax-deductible receipt.